- Name: PELICAN OF LONDON
- Class: A
- Nationality: UK
- Year built: 1948
- Home port: Weymouth
- Rig: Barquentine 3
- Height: 21.20 m
- Length: 34.60 m
- Entered by: Adventure Under Sail Ltd
- Areas of operation: Northern Europe, Baltic, Mediterranean, Atlantic/Caribbean
- Number of trainees: 32
- Number of permanent crew: 7
- Berth types: Bunks, Cabins, Single
- Showers: Yes
- Operational language(s) on board: English
- Special diets catered for: Yes
- Special needs catered for: Yes
PELICAN OF LONDON is unique among Square Riggers. Her hull form was derived from the elite French clippers of the late 19th century, with a length to breadth ratio of 5:1, a flared bow, fine entry and run. A long poop has been added which provides exceptional space and comfort for worldwide operation.
Her exclusive rig generates twice her engine power and yet it is handy and easily adapted to extreme conditions. She is still family size at 45M (150 ft) LE.
In this total reconstruction only the superb hull of the original 1946 PELICAN remains. New bulkheads, new decks, stainless tanks and pipe work, everything is built to the very exacting standards of the latest “Code of Practice for the Safety of Large Commercial Sailing Vessels”.
PELICAN has been designed principally as a sail training ship, but is capable of many different roles world-wide.