Find out what you’re really made of with the adventure of a lifetime ‘for less’ this summer thanks to the Rendez-Vous 2017 Tall Ships Regatta Trainee Assistance Programme…
The organisers of the Rendez-Vous 2017 Tall Ships Regatta are pleased to offer a new Trainee Assistance Programme (TAP) that will provide support funding to trainees wishing to sail on board a ship participating in this event.
Participating in the Rendez-Vous 2017 Tall Ships Regatta is the adventure of a lifetime, and it’ll be a positive, life-changing experience. The purpose of this bursary is to give people who really want to do it the chance to benefit from this opportunity. This bursary is open to applicants of all ages, so if you have always dreamt of an adventure under sail, this is your chance!
Download your application form here.
After experiencing the fantastic festivities laid on in Bermuda, with both the Rendez-Vous 2017 Tall Ships Regatta and 35th America’s Cup taking over the paradise island, you will set sail on for adventure on 5 June.
No experience is necessary and you don’ t need to know how to sail. But if you have the dedication and motivation to overcome the challenges – then we urge you to apply.
There’s no other feeling like crashing through the waves on a vessel where you’re an essential part of the crew. Find out what you really are capable of by learning new skills, making friends from all over the world and stepping out of your comfort zone in this epic adventure. It’s truly an an experience you’ll never forget.
Deadline for applications: Friday 2 June 2017
WHAT IS IT?
- The TAP will provide support funding to successful applicants and is available for Race 3 (Bermuda to Boston, USA) and the Bermuda to Halifax leg of the Rendez-Vous 2017 Tall Ships Regatta.
- For places on ships taking part in Race 3 from Bermuda to Boston, the maximum assistance available is $750 US. Embarkation dates are 3-5 June and disembarkation dates are 17-18 June.
- For the voyage from Bermuda to Halifax, the maximum assistance is $1,000 CAD. Embarkation is 5 June and disembarkation is 17 June 2017.
NB: Non-US citizens will need a US B1/B2 visa to enter the US. Contact your embassy for more information.
HOW CAN YOU APPLY?
- To apply, please download and complete this PDF application form, then email it to TAP@sailonboard.com.
- The deadline for applications is: 2 June 2017.
WHICH SHIPS CAN YOU SAIL ON?
- You can find a list of ships taking part in Race 3 from Bermuda to Boston with trainee places available, here.
- You can find out more about the ship participating in the Bermuda to Halifax leg, here.
WHEN WILL YOU KNOW IF YOU’VE BEEN GRANTED ASSISTANCE?
- We aim to let you know within three working days. We’ll also inform your preferred ship that you’ve been granted assistance. The funds will be paid directly to the ship once your booking has been confirmed. If your preferred ship no longer has any trainee places available, we’ll let you know about alternatives that you can pick from.
- Return your completed application form to TAP@sailonboard.com.
- Download this information about the TAP here.
ABOUT THE RENDEZ-VOUS 2017 TALL SHIPS REGATTA
The Rendez-Vous 2017 Tall Ships Regatta is truly the adventure of a lifetime. The event covers 7,000 nautical miles, visits seven different countries – UK, Portugal, Canary Islands, Bermuda, USA, Canada, France – and cruises to over 30 beautiful Canadian guest ports.
The event celebrates the 150th anniversary of the Canadian Confederation through its founders and founding provinces, which is a unique chance to commemorate the rich history of sailing in Canada and around the world.